Thursday, May 9, 2013

Millenium Falcon, Slave I, A Wing and a new ship release teaser...

A close shave
      We finally picked up the new X-Wing models from Fantasy Flight Games.  My son added the Millenium Falcon (YT-1300) and an A-Wing to his Rebel squadron and I added the Slave I (Boba Fett's Firespray-31).  Once again, great models from Fantasy Flight and plenty of interesting upgrades.


The Falcon surrounded
     One of the great features of the Firespray is the ability to lay proximity mines.  I did this more than once while being pursued by the Falcon.  Maneuvering back to fire, I eventually overshot the Falcon and came upon its rear toward the end of the dogfight.
     Both the Falcon and the Firespray have the ability to fire in more than one direction (the falcon with its two quad-laser cannons.

The tables seemingly turned, the Falcon is on the run.


      This ended up being my undoing.  Although I had my son's rebels dead to rights and on the run, a lucky shot from young Skywalker at the Falcon's turret disabled the Firespray.  My TIE-A pilot prudently chose to flee from the 3:1 odds.

      ...And the teaser:  Fantasy Flight is coming out with a new series of support ships!

Katarn's HWK-290, Lambda Class Shuttle, TIE-B, and B-Wing

No comments:

Post a Comment